At [company], we understand that our employees may need to work overtime in order to meet the needs of our clients or to meet project deadlines. In order to fairly compensate our employees for their extra efforts, we have developed the following overtime policy.
- Eligibility: This policy applies to all non-exempt employees, who are entitled to overtime pay under federal and state labor laws. Exempt employees, such as salaried managers, are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Overtime Rate: The overtime rate for non-exempt employees is one and a half times their regular hourly rate. For example, if your regular hourly rate is $20 per hour, your overtime rate would be $30 per hour.
- Authorization: Overtime work must be authorized by your manager. If you are asked to work overtime, your manager will provide you with written authorization, specifying the dates and times that you are expected to work.
- Timekeeping: You should accurately record all overtime hours that you work on your timesheet. This includes any hours worked on weekends or holidays. Your manager will review and approve your timesheet before it is submitted for payment.
- Payment: Overtime hours will be paid on your next regular payday, along with your regular wages.
We value the hard work and dedication of our employees, and we want to fairly compensate them for their extra efforts. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please speak with your manager.